Joseph (one of the techs at work) shared this with me just now:
All of the images below come from WE’s post on Arms-Cool.net (Taiwanese Airsoft forum). I can’t read Chinese, so I just reposted the schematics and photos here.
Once again, these photos are definitely not mine. I’ll be trying this tonight or tomorrow – I’ll keep you guys posted as to if it actually works.
More or less the issue is a QC/tolerance issue from WE; same issue is reported in some M&P and some are just fine out of the box. Pretty typical of WE… Hence why I get skeptical of new WE releases, like the Katana system in their new AEG M4 series.
WE claimed that it was fine and all that, as per Joseph’s rough translation. I’ll have a bunch of spare parts that I can fiddle with coming in at work – it’ll probably turn into Joseph and I figuring out exactly what size this part needs to be/how much material needs to be taken off.
Update: It totally works, though I didn’t remove quite as much material as is pictured. Some patience is required as to not remove too much or too little. Disassembly, file down, reassemble, test. If it seemed to work, fired it a bunch – it didn’t work the first time I thought it did.
Update 2: Has worked for the 3 other M&Ps I’ve fixed thus far at work. Most (if not all) exhibit the same 2 major issues – hop dial doesn’t move and full auto. I will be doing more write ups on how to actually do the sear modification to make it work, and will probably do another post or two about the M&P after that.
If you want to read more…
Part 3 – Full-Auto Fix
Part 5 – Work-In-Progress Hop Up Fix (not the most current info I have)
Part 7 – WE M&P Hop Up Fix Part 2 (this is the most up-to-date fix I know of)