As mentioned in the comments of my previous (but brief) WE M&P Fix article, I did a video of me explaining and completing the modification. Here it is:
Some minor said mix ups with various technical terms (E.G. screw that secures the sear, but I ended up calling it a spring) but that’s the gist of it.
Credits go to Antares for filming, and Jester for the background music & other noises. Loving the 90’s R&B grooves.
Gun was once mine, now a gift to Jester (I use this gun to test potential WE M&P mods)… one of which is a hop up arm mod which is supposedly working great in Jester’s gun to allow for some adjustments rather than the none prior to the fix – more on that to come in another video at a later date.
Part 1 – Review
Part 2 – Issues
Part 3 – Fix
Part 4 – Full-Auto Fix Video (you’re here)
Edit: For those of you who are going to comment asking if it works or not – yes, doing this mod works to fix the full auto or burst fire problem. I’ve seen another “fix” proposed on YouTube that involves bending the trigger bar (as some unnamed retailer suggested), though I’m not quite sure how this would actually fix the full-auto problem; it would fix the hammer dropping when trigger is depressed on a locked-back slide, though. The uncontrollable full auto is caused by the sear being unable to catch the hammer as the slide cycles back and forth – this can also be induced in other guns while doing trigger jobs… and has nothing to do with the trigger bar.
Edit: More to come on hop up mod. Other hop up mods seen on YouTube don’t work to solve the problem to make hop up adjustment as smooth as it should be – I can confirm this with the 3 WE M&P’s I’ve attempted to do this with thus far. Removal of the small O-ring serving to create tension on the hop up adjustment wheel temporarily alleviates some of the resistance to turning the wheel, though is a non-ideal solution as this may result in the hop up setting de-adjusting over time. Grinding the hop up arm in a different spot has limited success, though I’m still working through figuring out if it works or not yet… I’m not convinced its working as well as it should be, despite what Jester’s feedback has been thus far. I’ll test it when I’m at the field this weekend. Probably will result in me having to remove more material than I had initially thought.
Glock hop up chamber modified to fit (as recommended as a potential fix by a YouTuber) + TM-spec inner barrel + TM-spec hop up rubber would probably be ideal (stock WE M&P uses a different cut barrel and hop up rubber but is compatible with TM sized parts). However, I currently don’t have a spare Glock hop up chamber on hand to try/test this.
Part 1 – Review
Part 2 – Update
Part 3 – Full-Auto Fix
Part 4 – Full-Auto Fix Video
Part 5 – Work-In-Progress Hop Up Fix (not the most current info I have)
Part 6 – Working M&P Compact Hop Up!
Part 7 – WE M&P Hop Up Fix Part 2 (this is the most up-to-date fix I know of)