If there’s one thing I learned from running AOR1 this past Sunday at Bellator Entertainment’s game day, it’s that AOR1 is horribly, horribly ineffective right now given how green everything is; I think the above picture illustrates that nicely.
But boy, did I look awesome. Look – even Dirt (in the background) approves.
Kitlist (haven’t done one of those in awhile) and general comments after the break.
- FAST Helmet (w/ V-lites, callsign and US flag patches – still need a Manta)
- Z Tactical Neckband Sordins
- Bolle replicas (need real ones, or Desert Locusts)
- Flyye Duty Belt (w/ Pantac mag dump pouch, 2x HSGI TACO, TMC Glock 17 holster)
- Flyye 6094k (w/ TMC pistol mag pouch, assorted bits and bobs)
- Flyye Yote Hydration Backpack
- Allwin AOR1 Combat Shirt/Pants
- Oakley SI Pilot Gloves
- Oakley SI Assault Boots (super comfy, but unfortunately not waterproof)
- Systema PTW (w/ Iron Airsoft 416 upper, XPS holosight + magnifier, CTR, AFG, FCC internals)
- TM Glock 17 (w/ flashlight/laser)
I continue to be impressed with the quality of the Allwin BDUs. I was pretty impressed when I picked up my AOR2, so picking up the AOR1 was a bit of a no brainer. The materials are quality and the stitching is solid. I don’t foresee this falling apart anytime soon, like other BDUs I’ve purchased. I’ll be sure to pick up the Allwin woodland and multicam sets when I get the chance; the AOR1 looks great but it’ll be way more effective in the fall/winter.
Said it before, I’ll say it again – 6094k + Yote combo is great. Absolutely love this setup. The only thing I’d add would be some shoulder pads on the 6094k (shoulders were pretty sore after the game with all that weight, especially on my right shoulder with the slung primary). I really want a Flyye 6094a, but I’ve realized it’s not really a necessity since the k does everything I need it to do.
My PTW performed very, very well. I was getting solid groupings and range with the stock hop-up/inner barrel, which is impressive for a CQB length gun. The TM Glock (yes, I know it’s not strictly kosher for SEALs, but whatevs) I bought off Jon shot pretty well when I shot it (which was after the game, when we were just fooling around – I almost never shoot my secondaries in-game). Wanna get a Blackhawk or similar holster for my KWA p226 to be a little more legit.
Overall, I’m happy with where I am with my gear. Fun day fooling around with the boys – what more can I ask for?