That was a hilarious title for a post, I know.
Anyway, following the fixes detailed in my last post that involved swapping the V3 tappet plate for a V2 one, I took the M110 to the field this past weekend, and during lunchtime, gave it a shot. I had not one, but two new issues pop up.
Issue one: feeding issues.
Thankfully, I was able to chalk this one up to the BBs I was using – Tamashi brand 0.30s. I’ve had good luck with the Tamashi 0.25s I’ve used in the past, which fed perfectly in my IAR and yielded impressive results accuracy and range wise. I switched to 0.25s and the feeding issues largely disappeared, so I’m satisfied with just calling it a BB issue and leaving it at that. Some guns just inexplicably like certain weights/brands of BBs. The good news is it fed pretty reliably once I switched to the Tamashi 0.25s, so the feeding issues of the past couple of entries have been solved, at least for now.
The second issue is a little more concerning: the M110 is double cycling on semi-auto, which is obviously no bueno for an AEG shooting at DMR fps levels.
I opened up the box when I got home and cleaned then re-lubed (lol, lube) the entirety of the gearbox. I discovered that the likely culprit for the double cycling is the cut-off lever, which looks a little worse for wear. The previous owner of the gearbox warned me that this particular part was a little worn out, so I’m likely going to have to salvage the part from the new V2 box I ordered and toss that into the M110 box.
Sigh. The project continues…