Let’s be honest about this – playing Airsoft in the rain sucks. For days when the passion alone just isn’t enough to convince myself that I really want to go to the field and curse my silly obsession, I’m usually looking to replace that trigger time with some other form of shooting stuff.
… And that about sums up the past 4 months of indoor footage captured at Anthony and Albert’s private indoor range.
Recently got a pair of FMA ARC Rail Adaptors for Comtacs from “Jester” (thanks bro!), with which I managed to get one step closer to completing this latest helmet project of mine – a cut-down MICH with a hint of MARSOC-inspiration.
My thoughts in brief about where to take this next, as well as a quick run down of my thoughts on the FMA adaptors.
I picked up a couple of Propper layers in Alpha Green from DS Tactical a couple of months ago, while it was colder and raining (and even snowing). Nothing terribly fancy, but definitely just as useful.
Though usually I couldn’t really care too much about the weather as this is airsoft we’re talking about (I can pretty much walk off the field whenever the rain is too much), it seemed like a good time to grab the Softshell as I saw it on DS’s website on clearance, and the fleece was a bit of an afterthought of a purchase. The combination of the two definitely made the tail half of my winter airsoft season a little warmer and a lot drier.
blast from the past!
Well, I finally did it – I went and hopped on the KWA ERG bandwagon thanks to a timely trade involving my LCT AK105 (which saw more use as a display piece at home than anything else). The ERG came with some professional internal upgrades pre-installed, but more on that in a separate entry.
I knew even before I got the ERG in my hands that the front end with the MOE handguard would have to go. I love Magpul, but have never been a fan of the look/feel of the MOE handguard. Moreover, I’m seeing more and more ERGs out there and I like my guns to look a little unique.
With the ERG being front-wired and with re-wiring to the rear out of the question due to the recoil mechanism taking up the buffer tube space, I had two options: 1) run a rail system and a lipo in a PEQ, or 2) find a rail system that I could cram a lipo into. Having had a poor experience running PEQ lipos when I owned my TM Recoil Shock, I decided to go with the latter.
Enter: a real steel Vltor CASV-M.
More pics and first impressions after the break.
Picked this up a few weeks ago from DS Tactical – the Velocity Systems Operator’s Utility Belt (OUB).
I purchased it for the purpose of being a dedicated first line rig, and its definitely an excellent solution for this – exactly as advertised: “less is more.”
Found this nice rail online – cheap slick rail that looked good enough for the price. Considering how I am not yet sold on Keymod myself yet, I was willing to take a chance on whether or not the Keymod specs were done correctly or not on this rail. Besides, only accessory I would be mounting that would not go on the 12 O’clock rail would be a IWC/Haley Drop Wing (and those can fit pretty much everything).
I was unknowingly going to score on purchasing this rail – it will most definitely make for a good replacement for the Troy VTAC Alpha rail (FDE) I previously had installed on my WE M4 GBBR. Mounting system and weight of the rail were definitely things I wanted to change up for this specific build.
Bit of a risk going with a recently released China-made rail, as most replicas of the fancier things out there tend to be utter failures when it comes to clones. I definitely got lucky with this purchase; the value in this rail partly from the details of the real steel product were cloned so well… especially so at half the price of a Madbull repro, and a fifth the price of the real Noveske NSR.
I’ve been noticing an increase in helmets other than 2000′s in recent photographs of real MARSOC operators – mostly Ops Core Maritime’s – and decided it was time to do something different with this helmet that was otherwise just going to sit on one of my shelves of no return.
Picked up some Emerson repro ARC rails, then went to town on chopping chunks out of my latest lid project, an Element “Ideal” MICH TC2000 in OD.